Jun 2, 2009

Homeschool: Summer Reading

I got this idea . . . somewhere . . . and made it my own. I created these little "book marks" for the boys to use.
We take a trip the library, and the boys are expected to find a book on each of these topics. We'll go to the library with these bookmarks in hand and when they find the book they plan to read, they'll stick the bookmark in the book to sort of "check off" their book list.
I plan to hang a string on our wall with mini clothes pins so that each time a book is finished, the boys can pin that book mark to the string (I'll have to come up with a cute title for the string) and they'll get to play the Wii for 30 minutes.
I just thought I would share this idea with those who might be interested...all 1 of you. lol!

Summer Reading Chart

1 comment:

Sheree in GA said...

I love your idea!!! I am sure the boys do also.